Sunday, December 11, 2011

City Map overlays

In an effort to help visualize the upcoming city maps (which can be, let's say, rather large), I decided to take a few of the screenshots Toady has shared with us and create some map overlays.

I probably shouldn't be too surprised, but I ended up finding out that the abstracted map and the in-game map practically have a one-to-one relationship. What this means is that simplified version is completely accurate to what's in game, which suggests that we shouldn't have too hard of time picturing what these cities will actually look like

Maybe I'm just an nerd, but I love seeing the below maps "come alive" so perfectly...even if it's still just ASCII.

 (hover your cursor over the image to swap to the in-game version)

Overview of the entire city + surrounding farmlands


Part of the city, presumably "downtown"?


A mini-village/farm and different types of fields


Close up shot of the marketplace


1 comment: